In agile, specially I am taking about scrum method, who is the product owner. As per the definition at Scrum Alliance – Scrum Roles page, the product owner is defined as
The Product Owner has the following responsibilities.
- Define the features of the product;
- Decide on release date and content;
- Be responsible for the profitability of the product (ROI);
- Prioritize features according to market value;
- Adjust features and priority every 30 days, as needed; and
- Accept or reject work results.
With my limited experience in using scrum in a globally distributed team, me and my team has to work mostly with IT Organization of the customer and we are assigning a person from customer side who is typically managing / involved in the application for more time (when compared to others in practical scenarios).
And the following are my observation and thats based on my experience in implementing this practice
Product owner can define features for the product. It was more like a requirement / use case definition through story points or use cases or both. This works well when we are migrating a existing application into new platform. And while working on any new feature or use case story, role of the product owner is becoming more like a Single point of contact for gathering the requirements and if you have very short sprints (say 2 weeks) we are spending more time.
Any one have better experience in this aspect. I am interested to listen from someone who had done this role
One of the recent problems we had in our team is virus through USB storage devices. I had noticed people using both pen drive and USB external storage.
I am not against usage of these devices, but the people who uses the devices should know what they are doing. Though these USB storage devices are just carriers in spreading problem and whole problem is un-patched operating system or IE or any other windows components, our client and our management team does believe that disabling or preventing usage of USB drives would solve this problem.
I was looking for a simple VB script to perform the operation and found one here.
1. Install Apache web server.
2. Edit the httpd.conf file with following modifications. You can find this configuration file under <Apache installed directory> /conf directory. Take a backup of existing configuration files before making the changes.
3. Uncomment the following lines under LoadModule section.
(assuming you working on windows environment/ the file name and path for Load File entry will change for linux)
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
4. Reverse proxy requires the following libraries (if you are downloading the Apache binary files, these files are not included in the distribution)
Attached zip file contains these files for windows environment here.
For linux, you have to get equivalent libraries
5.Setup reverse proxy entries by adding the following lines at the end of httpd.conf file
ProxyPass /a1/site http://mysitename/consumer/site
ProxyPass /a1/services http://mysitename/consumer/services
Test entry from ScribeFire